With all that said, I will now allow you all access to my side of the story...which I am afraid many will consider to be One Hundred and Ten Percent of the Truth!
Monday, August 1, 2011
One Hundred and Ten Percent of the Truth
My husband and I got in a discussion one night, after I told one of my "elaborate" editions of a story, when he tried to explain to me that about half of what I had said was a flat out lie! I, naturally, was appalled...because in my mind, I had told my story perfectly. He explained that my ability to exaggerate, twisted the truth into something much more dramatic and therefore was causing me to reveal what he considered to be the truth and then some. I debated that this was not so, that I was simply revealing my perspective on the matter and though it happened to be a more dramatic version of how he saw it, it was still the truth to me. Unfortunately, this matter has never been settled. Am I being truthful or just flat out deceiving to all those privy to my story telling?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't worry, everybody skews the story according to their perspective.... even Neal. O Should I say especially Neal? hehe.
ReplyDelete