Sunday, September 11, 2011

"On The Way Home" -- Our Vegas Trip Day 3

The last day of our trip was somewhat uneventful, but very important nevertheless. Since everyone we had talked to agreed that the reason our car had broken down was because the car had gotten too hot, we decided it was in our best interest to leave before it was astronomically hot in Vegas. Unfortunately, this meant leaving EXTREMELY early in the morning. Neal and I got up, packed up our things in a super quick fashion and checked out. At this point, I was really sad to be leaving, which in and of itself was miracle after the feelings I had been having at the beginning of my acquaintance with this hotel.

Neal and I drove through the desert at 6 in the morning, which is probably the best time to be there. We had no car problems and even stopped in St. George for breakfast. Of course, we got McDonalds again and drove to the St. George temple to eat. I made Neal eat in the car with me, because I was not about to let everyone see that I broke the Sabbath, while I was on temple grounds. This was a pretty good decision considering a van full of visitors from California showed up and probably would have found this practice distasteful.

After that short excursion, we made it all the way home! I was SO happy to have not been stranded in Las Vegas, but even more happy to have been able to spend a weekend away from the "world" with Neal.


1 comment:

  1. Yay. So glad you guys joined the blogging world. We will be stocking you now.

    ReplyDelete