This post is dedicated to my sister-in-law, Victoria, who I understand has been wanting a post on the funny things my clients say.
One afternoon, I was taking one of my clients to a doctor's appointment. I hadn't seen her since the week before and was trying to get an update on how her weekend went. She explained that she went to church, so naturally I asked her what she had learned. She gave her normal answer of "Jesus Christ", but I prodded a little bit more and discovered she had really learned about the "commandments". She explained the commandments as the following:
1- Don't steal.
2- Don't take things that aren't yours.
3- Don't love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ(4) read the scriptures(5) Book of Mormon (6) Doctrine and Covenants (7) (all in one breath...it's a pity the word "don't" got thrown in front of all of that)
8 - Commandments
9- Listen to staff
10- Don't eat too much, or you'll get fat
I was trying REALLY hard not to laugh out loud during this lesson of the commandments...but I definitely appreciated the new perspective she brought to the ten commandments. :)
...I also need to include...one day I had taken a few of my clients to their dental appointments. I was waiting with one in the waiting room while the others were getting their work done. As the manager, I always like to check to see how my clients are getting along with the staff I have assigned and who they like working with the most. The following is the conversation I had with this particular client:
Me: So, who is your favorite staff?
Client: Umm...Jane*
Me: That's good. I really like her too. Who would you say is your least favorite staff?
Client: My "least" favorite?
Me: Yeah, like the one you like less than the others.
Client: "Least"???? ...ummm..."Least"...I would say YOU!
[This time I laughed out loud! ...As did the guy sitting next me, though he tried REALLY hard to hide it.]
After further interrogation, I determined that she did not really understand what I meant when I used the word least. Had she known I am certain she would have chosen someone different. :)
Sometimes I just can't help but to love my job!
*Name was changed to maintain confidentiality.
those commandments just made my day =) haha
ReplyDeletehaha. this totally brings me back to the days at House of Hope. I love that you're having these great experiences, but more importantly- I'm glad you're sharing them. haha
ReplyDelete